Healthcare professionals are exposed to quite a number of stressors on a daily basis as they go about their various duties and caring for their patients. These job-related stresses can sometimes affect the mind and body which will most likely have a negative effect on the quality of service being rendered by these professionals. So, invariably, when healthcare professionals are stressed, patients suffer for it. Work-related stress may also impact job satisfaction, workforce stability, and safety in the healthcare environment (Van Bogaert et al., 2013). Nurses, for one, have identified stress and overwork as one of their top concerns within the profession (ANA, 2011). Work schedules that include long shifts and insufficient staffing are two factors identified by nurses that increase stress levels.
- Lectures 8
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 2.0 Hours
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self
- Lecture 1.1 Introduction Preview
- Lecture 1.2 Stress and Causes Preview
- Lecture 1.3 Signs and Symptoms of Job Burnout Preview
- Lecture 1.4 HOW TO MANAGE STRESS Locked
- Lecture 1.5 PREVENTION OF BURNOUT AS A HEALTHCARE Locked
- Lecture 1.6 References Locked
- Lecture 1.7 TEST Locked
- Lecture 1.8 REFERENCES Locked
burnout especially useful!
Burnout...practical and useful content.
The course was very useful.
Material was concise and useful