Safe and effective Prescription of Controlled Substances – Caring for Patients with Substance Use Disorders
Safe and Effective Prescribing of Controlled Substances: Practitioners must be aware of the abuse potential and federal regulations surrounding controlled substances.
Course Objectives: Throughout this module, we’ll be covering several topics surrounding controlled substances. After reviewing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Name and describe the necessary patient therapeutic uses and assessments for the popular classes of controlled substances.
- Identify the best ways to initiate and monitor therapy for effectiveness while remaining alert to abuse in controlled substance use.
- Observe for side effects and signs of overdose in patients taking sedatives and hypnotics, such as benzodiazepines, as well as stimulants, and opioid analgesics.
- Understand how federal regulations impact the prescribing of benzodiazepines, opioid analgesics, and stimulants.
- Teach patients, their families, and caregivers about the best way to use controlled substances safely.
- Lectures 7
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 5 Hours
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes
- Lecture 1.1 Introduction Preview
- Lecture 1.2 Controlled Substances: Descriptions, Therapeutic Uses, and Assessments for Prescribing Locked
- Lecture 1.3 Understanding the “Scheduling” of Medications Locked
- Lecture 1.4 Monitoring Controlled Substance Therapy Locked
- Lecture 1.5 Recognizing Signs of Abuse Locked
- Lecture 1.6 Ending Therapy with Controlled Substances Locked
- Lecture 1.7 Review Your Understanding Locked
- Quiz 2.1 Quiz – Safe and effective Prescription of Controlled Substances Locked
There was a lot of repetition in the chapters, but much of the information was new to me and of use. I don't prescribe narcotics in my work, but if that changes, this course has demonstrated to me how much I would need to learn
prescribing librium was confusing
safe drug prescribing
never read detail on prescribing librium