Differential Diagnosis For Autonomous
This course introduces professionals who may or may not currently work in emergency departments to the issue of psychiatric emergencies. Psychiatric illnesses that may require emergency treatment are divided between those involving adults and children. Within each category, individual diseases are presented with a short description of the presenting symptoms and possible areas of differential diagnosis before treatment is started. However, this course does not attempt to teach psychiatric diagnosis, as such is beyond the limits of this course. Standard treatment approaches are provided for each psychiatric illness described. In addition to the diseases and possible treatments, professionals are introduced to potential dangers and ways to minimize the possibility of injury to either medical personnel or the patient.
Differential diagnosis has become an essential element of advanced nursing roles that incorporate history taking and physical assessment into their remit of professional responsibilities. This article aims to review the relevant definitions of different types of diagnoses, describe the process of formulating a differential diagnosis, use clinical reasoning skills, and use a case study as an example of differential diagnosis in advanced clinical practice.
C.E. is an equivalency for registration applicants who do not meet the semester hours requirements. Three graduate-level semester hours are equivalent to forty-five Continuing Education credits offered by the entities outlined in Section 464.013(b), F.S. and Rule 64B9-4.002, F.A.C.The pharmacology course content must address drugs’ therapeutic uses and biological effects. The differential diagnosis course content must address advanced health assessment, differential diagnosis, critical thinking, or diagnostic reasoning. Courses may be completed at any time within the five years before applying for Autonomous APRN Registration.
- Lectures 7
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 15 Hours
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self
- Lecture 1.1 Topic – Differential Diagnosis For Autonomous – Page 1 Preview
- Lecture 1.2 Topic – Differential Diagnosis For Autonomous – Page 2 Locked
- Lecture 1.3 Topic – Differential Diagnosis For Autonomous – Page 3 Locked
- Lecture 1.4 Topic – Differential Diagnosis For Autonomous – Page 4 Locked
- Lecture 1.5 Topic – Differential Diagnosis For Autonomous – Page 5 Locked
- Lecture 1.6 Topic – Differential Diagnosis For Autonomous – Page 6 Locked
- Lecture 1.7 Topic – Differential Diagnosis For Autonomous – Page 7 Locked