This course is designed for the healthcare worker. Its purpose is to define domestic violence (intimate partner violence) and help workers identify domestic violence in its many presentations so that the patient can receive care promptly for optimal outcomes.
After completing this course, the learner will be able to:
1. Define domestic abuse (Intimate Partner Violence)
2. Identify five key statistics in current DV/IPV trends
3. Identify five different victim scenarios that may not be readily apparent as overt abuse
4. Identify possible reasons that domestic violence victims do not seek help in the healthcare system.
5. Identify ways that a healthcare professional can assist domestic violence victims in getting help.
6. Identify three interventions that a healthcare professional can implement to assist a domestic violence victim.
- Lectures 4
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 4.0 Hours
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self
- Lecture 1.1 Definition of Domestic Abuse (Intimate Partner Violence) Preview
- Lecture 1.2 VICTIMS: WHO IS AT INCREASED RISK? Locked
- Lecture 1.3 WHO ABUSES? Locked
- Lecture 1.4 Conclusion Locked
Information simple and to the point
The information is to the point. There too many people injuries by the they love. I give this 5 stars
Very informative and easy to understand