- Bird’s eye view on Medical Errors
- Prevalence of medical errors in United States and in State of Florida
- Efforts to reduce medical errors at national and state level
- Incentives for healthcare providers and facilities to reduce medical errors
- Florida’s effort to reduce and prevent medical errors and improve patient safety
- Types of medical errors
- Identify populations of special vulnerability to medical errors.
- Factors that increases risk of medical errors
- Prevention of medical errors in special needs population
- Most Highly Rated Patient Safety Practices
- Public Awareness and Education
- Describe strategies and interventions to prevent medical errors.
- Recommends on reducing or eliminating medical errors
- Discuss Florida’s medical error reporting requirements.
- Improving patient safety through prompt reporting of errors: Identify responsibilities of healthcare providers for prompt reporting of medical errors JACHO’s Patient Safety Goals
- Root Cause Analysis: To identify changes that could be made to systems and processes to improve performance and reduce risk of recurrence of the adverse events
- Role of electronic medical records (EMRs) and other information technology to improve Communication and patient safety in hospitals and other healthcare facilities
- Public education and awareness measures related to patient safety
[Total: 1 Average: 3]You must sign in to vote
- Lectures 9
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 2.0 Hours
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes
- Lecture 1.1 Bird’s eye view on Medical Errors Preview
- Lecture 1.2 Prevalence of medical errors in United States and in State of Florida Locked
- Lecture 1.3 Efforts to reduce medical errors at national and state level Locked
- Lecture 1.4 Incentives for healthcare providers and facilities to reduce medical errors Locked
- Lecture 1.5 Florida’s effort to reduce and prevent medical errors and improve patient safety Locked
- Lecture 1.6 Types of medical errors Locked
- Lecture 1.7 Prevention of medical errors in special needs population Locked
- Lecture 1.8 Most Highly Rated Patient Safety Practices Locked
- Lecture 1.9 Public Awareness and Education Locked
- Quiz 2.1 Medical Errors Locked
This is for test
met my needs
easy to navigate & complete
A very concise and well written article. Should me mandatory reading for patients too.
Enjoyed the information provided. It will be helpful in my career.