- Bird’s eye view on Medical Errors
- Prevalence of medical errors in United States and in State of Florida
- Efforts to reduce medical errors at national and state level
- Incentives for healthcare providers and facilities to reduce medical errors
- Florida’s effort to reduce and prevent medical errors and improve patient safety
- Types of medical errors
- Identify populations of special vulnerability to medical errors.
- Factors that increases risk of medical errors
- Prevention of medical errors in special needs population
- Most Highly Rated Patient Safety Practices
- Public Awareness and Education
- Describe strategies and interventions to prevent medical errors.
- Recommends on reducing or eliminating medical errors
- Discuss Florida’s medical error reporting requirements.
- Improving patient safety through prompt reporting of errors: Identify responsibilities of healthcare providers for prompt reporting of medical errors JACHO’s Patient Safety Goals
- Root Cause Analysis: To identify changes that could be made to systems and processes to improve performance and reduce risk of recurrence of the adverse events
- Role of electronic medical records (EMRs) and other information technology to improve Communication and patient safety in hospitals and other healthcare facilities
- Public education and awareness measures related to patient safety
- Lectures 9
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 2.0 Hours
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes
- Lecture 1.1 Bird’s eye view on Medical Errors Preview
- Lecture 1.2 Prevalence of medical errors in United States and in State of Florida Locked
- Lecture 1.3 Efforts to reduce medical errors at national and state level Locked
- Lecture 1.4 Incentives for healthcare providers and facilities to reduce medical errors Locked
- Lecture 1.5 Florida’s effort to reduce and prevent medical errors and improve patient safety Locked
- Lecture 1.6 Types of medical errors Locked
- Lecture 1.7 Prevention of medical errors in special needs population Locked
- Lecture 1.8 Most Highly Rated Patient Safety Practices Locked
- Lecture 1.9 Public Awareness and Education Locked
- Quiz 2.1 Medical Errors Locked
Having a Doctorate prepared me for many of the questions that were not covered in the material. the information to read through is very limited and not detailed. The RCA was mentioned but the Ishihara was never mentioned or any details regarding the RCA. IV pump and how they are used were not described. To many errors in this. I have 2 more courses to take. I hope they are better.
Severely disappointed in these courses
This is the 5th course I've taken as part of a package. The course material is too concise and lacking much information. Many of the questions on this quiz were not reviewed in the course. Lastly, quiz answers should be provided if the answer is wrong. Greatly disappointed in these courses overall. I am getting back into nursing after 6 years and feel I am being robbed of the information that should be available in these courses.
A lot of the questions are not included in the course review. It needs more information for the reader
Full of format errors. May questions not covered in the slides.