PALS Pediatric Advanced Life Support
This course is for Local students only. You will have to come to the school for live skill check.
Upon Completion of this course An American Coronary heart Affiliation Card can be mailed out to you.
This Research Information is an intensive define of content material that can be taught within the American Coronary heart Affiliation Accredited Pediatric Superior Life Assist (PALS) Course. It’s supposed to summarize essential content material, however since all PALS content material can’t probably be absorbed in a category given each two years, it’s anticipated that the scholar could have the 2005 Up to date AHA ECC Handbook available for overview and as a reference. The scholar can also be required to have the AHA PALS Textbook obtainable for reference and research for extra in depth content material.
Proof Based mostly Updates
Roughly each 5 years the AHA updates the rules for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care. These updates are crucial to make sure that all AHA programs include the perfect data and proposals that may be supported by present scientific proof. Proof primarily based pointers had been developed, documented, debated after which evaluated by scientific specialists from exterior the US and out of doors the AHA. The rules had been then categorized as to the energy of proof that helps the advice.
This Study Guide is an extensive outline of content that will be taught in the American Heart Association Accredited Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Course. It is intended to summarize important content, but since all PALS content cannot possibly be absorbed in a class given every two years, it is expected that the student will have the 2005 Updated AHA ECC Handbook readily available for review and as a reference. The student is also required to have the AHA PALS Textbook available for reference and study for more in depth content.
Welcome, Introduction, Overview Lethal Rhythms
Rhythm Practice BLS Review
Rapid Cardiopulmonary Assessment PALS Algorithms
Scenarios Skills Stations
Skills Evaluation Written Evaluation
Evidence Based Updates
Approximately every 5 years the AHA updates the guidelines for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care. These updates are necessary to ensure that all AHA courses contain the best information and recommendations that can be supported by current scientific evidence. Evidence based guidelines were developed, documented, debated and then evaluated by scientific experts from outside the United States and outside the AHA. The guidelines were then classified as to the strength of evidence that supports the recommendation.
Upon the completion of this PALS course the participant will be able to:
- Identify lethal rhythms
- Describe Rapid Cardiopulmonary Assessment and use it as a guide while working through scenarios
- Verbalize treatment algorithms for each of the following lethal rhythms:
- Pulseless arrest
- Verbalize steps to assess and treat shock
- Perform skills in 4 required skills stations:
- Bag-Mask Ventilation and Advanced Airway
- Arrhythmia Recognition and Management, Cardioversion and Defibrillation
- Vascular Access
- Lectures 14
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 4.0 Hours
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self
- Lecture 1.1 Normal Anatomy Review Locked
- Lecture 1.2 Cardiac Arrhythmias Locked
- Lecture 1.3 Bradycardia Locked
- Lecture 1.4 Tachycardia Locked
- Lecture 1.5 Pediatric Chain of Survival Locked
- Lecture 1.6 BLS Skills Station Locked
- Lecture 1.7 Classification of Respiratory Status: Locked
- Lecture 1.8 CIRCULATION & DISABILITY Locked
- Lecture 1.9 Bag-Mask Ventilation and Advanced Airway Skills Station Locked
- Lecture 1.10 Differential Diagnosis –H’s and T’s Locked
- Lecture 1.11 Pulseless Arrest Locked
- Lecture 1.12 Bradycardia Locked
- Lecture 1.13 Tachycardia with Pulses and Adequate or Poor Perfusion Locked
- Lecture 1.14 Post-Resuscitation Care Locked
- Quiz 2.1 Quiz-PALS Pediatric Advanced Life Support Locked