Pharmacology for Autonomous Practice
This course is designed to provide the clinical application of the pharmacology and pharmacotherapeutics of common conditions and diseases across the lifespan encountered by the advanced practice nurse in primary care. The role of pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics will be applied. Emphasis is on developing client-centered prescriptive decisions within the context of outcomes, safety, quality, and costs.
Advanced practice registered nurses who are registered under Section 464.0123, F.S., shall engage in independent practice only in a manner that meets the General Standard of Practice. The General Standard of Practice shall be that standard of practice, care, skill, and treatment which, in light of all relevant surrounding circumstances, is recognized as acceptable and appropriate by reasonably prudent similarly situated health care providers.
The Council on APRN Autonomous Practice held its first meeting on August 28, 2020. It is awaiting the proposed definition of primary care practice before making recommendations to the Board on standards of practice. The Council is scheduled to meet again on November 19, 2020.
The registration application for autonomous APRNs will be available after it has been adopted by the rule, which is anticipated to take approximately 90 days. The Board voted to approve the application and move forward with rulemaking at its June 5 meeting. The Board also voted to define primary care practice to include health promotion, disease prevention, health maintenance, counseling, patient education, and diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic illnesses in a variety of healthcare settings. This definition will also move through the rulemaking adoption process before becoming effective.
- Lectures 8
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 15 Hours
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self
- Lecture 1.1 Pharmacology for Autonomous Practice – page 1 Locked
- Lecture 1.2 Pharmacology for Autonomous Practice – page 2 Locked
- Lecture 1.3 Pharmacology for Autonomous Practice – page 3 Locked
- Lecture 1.4 Pharmacology for Autonomous Practice – page 4 Locked
- Lecture 1.5 Pharmacology for Autonomous Practice – page 5 Locked
- Lecture 1.6 Pharmacology for Autonomous Practice – page 6 Locked
- Lecture 1.7 Pharmacology for Autonomous Practice – page 7 Locked
- Lecture 1.8 Pharmacology for Autonomous Practice – page 8 Locked