Recognizing Impairment in the Workplace for Florida
Department of Health and Human Services (2016) outlines that addiction influences a significant number of medicinal services experts since, they recommend, manage and dispense mind-modifying medications daily. Customary presentation and accessibility to mind-modifying medications, and pharmacological information of these prescriptions can encourage a misguided feeling of control. Having this misguided feeling of control may lead people to self- medicate (Department of Health and Human Services, 2016) In addition to drug access and a social situation advancing medication use, individuals who choose nursing as a calling may report a higher rate of family history of alcoholism and medication abuse than other medicinal services provider groups (Trinkoff, Zhou, Storr, and Soeken 2009); (Kenna, and Wood, 2005). Healthcare provider that utilizes mid-adjusting substances in the work place compromises patient care.
- Lectures 9
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 2.0 Hours
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self
Recognizing Impairment in the Workplace
- Lecture 1.1 Recognizing Impairment in the Workplace for Florida Locked
- Lecture 1.2 Incidence Locked
- Lecture 1.3 Physical Signs Locked
- Lecture 1.4 Physical signs that may increase the suspicion of impairment in the work place include: Locked
- Lecture 1.5 Social Locked
- Lecture 1.6 Noted Problems That Should Send Up A Red Flag Locked
- Lecture 1.7 Employer Initiatives To Promote Safety And Provide Locked
- Lecture 1.8 Conclusion Locked
- Lecture 1.9 Reference Locked
Like some of the other modules, this appears to have been written by someone in a foreign country. It needs to be rewritten so that it makes sense. Someone should read through ad edit the other modules as well.
This course needs to be proof read. Some sentences just don't make sense. I got the idea of the topic but every once in awhile an extra word was inserted which made no sense in the context of the subject. This piece needs to be edited.
I am so happy that more attention is being given to recognizing the impaired nurse in the workforce. I thank you.