Recognizing Impairment in the Workplace for Florida
Department of Health and Human Services (2016) outlines that addiction influences a significant number of medicinal services experts since, they recommend, manage and dispense mind-modifying medications daily. Customary presentation and accessibility to mind-modifying medications, and pharmacological information of these prescriptions can encourage a misguided feeling of control. Having this misguided feeling of control may lead people to self- medicate (Department of Health and Human Services, 2016) In addition to drug access and a social situation advancing medication use, individuals who choose nursing as a calling may report a higher rate of family history of alcoholism and medication abuse than other medicinal services provider groups (Trinkoff, Zhou, Storr, and Soeken 2009); (Kenna, and Wood, 2005). Healthcare provider that utilizes mid-adjusting substances in the work place compromises patient care.
- Lectures 9
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 2.0 Hours
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes
Recognizing Impairment in the Workplace
- Lecture 1.1 Recognizing Impairment in the Workplace for Florida Locked
- Lecture 1.2 Incidence Locked
- Lecture 1.3 Physical Signs Locked
- Lecture 1.4 Physical signs that may increase the suspicion of impairment in the work place include: Locked
- Lecture 1.5 Social Locked
- Lecture 1.6 Noted Problems That Should Send Up A Red Flag Locked
- Lecture 1.7 Employer Initiatives To Promote Safety And Provide Locked
- Lecture 1.8 Conclusion Locked
- Lecture 1.9 Reference Locked
- Quiz 2.1 Quiz – Recognizing Impairment in the Workplace for Florida Locked
Easy to complete
Met my needs
Needs editing. The poor grammar used makes it difficult to follow the information and puts into question the validity of the information. Nurses need to know how to delicately approach impaired co-workers and/or report to supervisors in an ethical and thoughtful manner that insures the impaired individuals get the help that they need. As nurses are obligated to protect patients/families from impaired co-workers.
bullet point facts, nice!
Truly needs a proof reader to edit the document. Would have liked to learn more specifics about what the law requires both in providing intervention and discipline.